Today in Labor History
July 18, 1969
African-American hospital workers won a113-day union recognition strike in Charleston, South Carolina.
~ Voices of Labor
• Is Mexico on the brink of a labor revolution?
• Scapegoating unions for USPS’s phony crisis
• Trump supports national ‘right to work’ bill
• Steelworkers vote down Harley-Davidson’s offer
• Sanders vows to ban anti-labor ‘right-to-work’ laws
• GM closed Lordstown after UAW agreed to $118M in concessions
• Consumers rank UPS among top 5 most beloved brands in America
• Why the NCAA should pay student-athletes – and let them unionize