Today in Labor History
Apr. 16, 1947:
Five hundred workers in Texas City, Texas die in a series of huge oil refinery and chemical plant explosions and fires.
~ Union Communications Services
• Port truck drivers’ rights upheld in California
• A bold new idea to boost wages
• Unions can take on international fights - and win
• Labor to oppose rush to enact ‘New NAFTA’
• Workers are pushing for their share of bankruptcy payouts
• Teamsters issue warning to NE Stop & Shop supermarkets
• Study: OSHA attrition under Trump is leading to lax safety enforcement
• Norma Rae understood how corporations weaponized race
• What it will take to build union support for the Green New Deal
• NFL players are dictating their own terms. Good.
• Here’s what you need to know about our area’s spring allergy season