Today in Labor History
Apr. 16, 1947:
Five hundred workers in Texas City, Texas die in a series of huge oil refinery and chemical plant explosions and fires.
~ Union Communications Services
• The trouble with trucking.
• Trump war with Harley-Davidson has divided America’s bikers
• Union ironworker Randy Bryce wins congressional primary
• 2017: A great year for CEOs. Workers, not so much
• Trump tariffs mean uncertainty for booming Port of Baltimore
• A rundown of all the under-the-radar attacks on workers
• After 4 years, union wins industry-leading pact for UPS mechanics
• Meet the militant taxi drivers union that just defeated Uber, Lyft