Today in Labor History
Jan. 18, 1978: "Take This Job and Shove It," by Johnny Paycheck, is listed by Billboard magazine as the most popular song in the U.S..
~ Union Communications Services
• Unions, in some form, are here to stay.
• Millennials really have taken it on the chin.
• NFL players’ union defends members – again.
• The vital role of education in authoritarian times.
• It’s Labor vs. Finance for the future of Puerto Rico.
• Justices wrestle with mandatory arbitration vs. labor law.
• Workers deserve better pay, protections as part of NAFTA.
• Supplemental committees meet to exchange proposals with UPS.
• It’s not regulation that’s a threat to jobs, it’s climate change.
• Women’s reproductive and workplace rights will help the economy.